가위바위보 게임기 / Rock Scissor Paper Game
This is a recreation of machines that used to exist all over South Korea about twenty years ago.
How to Play:
- Click the coin slot to deposit a coin.
- Press a button to choose Scissors Rock or Paper.
- If you can't read Korean, the buttons are in order: Scissors - Rock - Paper
- Get your result.
- The bottom left area in yellow will light up if you lose.
- The bottom right area in yellow will light up if you tie.
- The top red areas on the right and left will blink if you win
- If you lose, go back to step 1.
- If you tie, you can go again.
- If you win, the center wheel with numbers will light up and you will win the number of coins it shows at the end.
- TIP: If you run out of coins, try shaking the coin return to see if you can find an extra coin.
NOTE: This game is not very fun. I made it for two reasons. First, I had some nostalgia of the Korea of the past and wanted to create something that reminded me of it. Second, I wanted to make an entire project inside an SVG file because it seems like a futile exercise.
In both cases I succeeded. Before anyone criticizes the weird typography and layout of this machine, you should look at the originals. I was as faithful as I possibly could be to their shoddy workmanship.
Regarding making the entire file inside an SVG, itch.io requires an index.html file, so I added that, but if you download the actual code, this entire game can be run by loading the SVG in the browser, including the sounds. Futile, yes, but I enjoyed making it.
NOTE 2: There is no save feature or leaderboard or anything because I don't really think it is that type of a game. If someone really wants to implement saves, I will think about it, but I don't want to have a leaderboard because it will ruin the self-contained nature of the product.
Also available on
- My Strange DesignFeb 10, 2023
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.